Blog Archive

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Why the one good thing?

As a teacher, it is incredibly easy to get bogged down in negatives: standardized testing, societal condemnation, student apathy, parental animosity, administrative oversight, and all the other downsides to our profession.

What is not so easy?  Focusing on the joy, the love, the bright spots, the successes, the reasons we choose to be teachers each day.  So, I have decided to start a blog about the one good thing that happened today, or yesterday, or last week, or last year, or any day.  I can't promise to post every day--that level of commitment alludes me, but I can promise to try.  And I promise to post the one good thing you share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!