Blog Archive

Friday, May 13, 2016

My mom's the best

On Monday, I wrote about a mom for Mother's Day...a day late.

My post was about how my mother and her attitude towards parenting has made me a better teacher.

On Wednesday, she sent me an email with a link to a letter my sister she published almost exactly three years ago.

Her letter is about how her disability made her a better mother.

It appears on a blog called Strong Families that is part of the reproductivejusticeblog.org



You can find the full text here Strong Families Blog post.

Her explanation is far more eloquent than mine.

I can't believe I didn't about it. The concept or this letter.

She must be the source of my writing bug too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!