Blog Archive

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Did I mention this story is flattering?

It's official!

I am writing too much.

Not really, but I do have news.

I am now reposting my favorite blogposts on Edumatch.

I should have been doing this for months.

My request to participate was honored last April.

Unfortunately, I got busy with too many other things and just failed to get this done.

Not anymore! I am finally doing it!

And, even better, I am also a writer for The Educator's Room (or TER for short).

I on purpose included the general link here. The site is worth exploring on your own and I love their weekly newsletter.

If you have never checked out either of these sites, I highly recommend you do so.


See, what had happened was...

Kidding-kidding!

Actually, there is a story here that makes me feel pretty flattered.

A few weeks ago, I got a message through Facebook from Fran Warren, the head of TER.

She asked me if I would be interested in writing for TER...and, gasp, get paid for doing so.

She said she had seen my comments on some questions posted to the TER Facebook page which led her to my blog and she thought I would be a good fit.

Did I mention this story is flattering?

Now, it isn't quit your day job pay or anything close, but my resume did a serious happy dance.

I was sooo excited I think I filled out the application later that same day.

We played FB and phone tag for a few days before finally managing to arrange a call.

Then we had a great talk.

She explained her purpose is starting the site and what she was looking for in her writers.

We talked about expectations and topics and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember.

And that was it.

I was in.

Then I went out of town to the Florida Keys for winter break, without consistent internet access, or any desire to do anything but play in the water, to be honest.

This past week, I was both busy and sick, so I still didn't get started.

Now, I've finally done it.

I wrote and submitted my first article for the site.

Maybe it will be published this week, maybe not.

Probably, it will need some revision. I find WordPress quite overwhelming, as a writer, I am still very much in my infancy.

Either way, I don't care. I'm just excited to have these opportunities.

Getting a chance to learn and grow with other amazing educators is for sure a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!