Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Room Switch!

A few weeks ago, I realized its time for a change.

Not because I'm unhappy or anything.

I just like change.

Usually, I move or get a new car.

Neither of those is options right now.

I've talked to a few of my colleagues about this.

One of them had an excellent suggestion:

Change classrooms.

At first, I was a little reluctant.

That is, after all, a lot of work.

Especially for someone like me with mountains of books.

But the idea has grown on me.

I kept thinking I had been in my current room for 7 years.

Then it dawned on me how inaccurate that was.


I was in a different room my first two years and have been in my current room ever since.

I've worked in the building for 11 years.

Do the math.

That means I've been in my current room for 9 years.

Nine years is a LONG time.

The idea of moving has grown on me.

My department chair loves to move.

She says it makes her go through her stuff and refresh.

When I asked she agreed immediately.

We are going to switch rooms next week.

An army of students who want free pizza or extra credit will do the heavy lifting.

I'm getting pretty excited about it, more than I thought I would.

I've caught myself in her room planning where to put the furniture.

There's carpet, which, due to cleanliness, is generally considered a bad thing.

But there is also sunlight and a separate switch for the fans.

I don't have either of those things.

Room switch as change.

I like it.

I think it might be a very good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!