Blog Archive

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Interview overload

I had SEVEN interviews in SEVEN days.

Let that sink in.

It is NOT normal.

I mean, ok, I applied for a ton of jobs.

But still, what the heck?

It was the last week of school.

It was the last week of May (June 1st is our state resign by day).

It was a total overload.

As one of my best friends put it, I might "break my adulting muscle."

Most of the interviews were for jobs I considered taking.

Not all, but some.

The point is, be careful what you wish for.

You might get it in Spades.


I recognize this is a good problem to have.

It was also exhausting.

Overwhelming.

Paralyzing.

I got lots of interview practice.

And I wound up with a job I am excited about.

But interview overload is still a mixed blessing.

Now that I have had a chance to sleep off the crazy,

I choose to think of it as a good thing.

I choose to feel flattered that I am in demand.

I choose to be grateful.

The struggle is real...real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!