Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Giving time.

New teacher time.

We had a whole day for curriculum.

Part of my job is to provide said curriculum.

Or at least access to it.

Most of that work had been handled by others before my tenure started.

Can you believe it's been three weeks since I started this adventure?

Sorry, distracted.

Different groups of teachers had different training as part of the day.

I got to spend most of the day with the new high school teachers.

It was fun.

There wasn't much I could do to help them, per se, but I enjoyed it.

The instructional coaches from the high school did most of the actual work.

I answered a few questions in the morning.

That was about it.

In the afternoon, we met at one of the buildings.

And there still wasn't much I could do.


I got to know them a little, which is good.

After about an hour, they asked the magic question:

Can we go back to our schools/rooms and work?

My answer was an unequivocal yes.

I got a lot of grateful gee-gawking in response.

They couldn't quite believe I was really letting them leave.

I felt pretty good about getting to give them the gift of time.

Before they left, I mentioned my storage unit.

You know, the one that STILL isn't empty.

The one filled with boxes of books and flexible seating.

I offered them the contents.

A couple of them met me at my unit a few days later.

There is still too much left.

But I made friends for life.

Well, at least, those teachers will trust and help me forever.

It was fun and felt good.

I love seeing my stuff put to good use.

They will be returning tomorrow to haul off still more.

Now if only I remembered what sleep was like life would be perfect...


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!