Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Proud of me?

I wrote a letter.

An open letter to my former students.

Eventually, I will post it here.

But not yet.

My students; however, already have it.

Since I left after the school year ended, no one knew I wouldn't be back.

I didn't really know I wouldn't be back.

So in an effort to be fair to my babies...

and my colleagues who otherwise have to field a ton of awkward questions,

I wrote a letter.



One of my best friends said she printed a stack of them.

Everything someone comes around looking for me, she gives them a copy.

I was her assistant adult in charge of the Speech and Debate team last year.

Those kids have definitely asked about me.

She told me about a conversation they had.

One said she was mad at me.

That doesn't surprise me.

Another said she was proud of me.

Awww, proud of me?

That is so sweet.

The third, the team captain this year, said she was mad at me AND proud of me.

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my whole wide life.

Its nice that they miss me.

Its a good thing, in a weird sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!