Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Seeing my stuff

Seeing my stuff spread all over some one else's room...

is weird.

It feels both wrong and gratifying.

Definitely, I am glad it is getting put to good use.

But what if I need it again?

What if I want it?

Oh boy.

I don't even get to go supply shopping this year!

The gratifying part, though, is pretty cool.

 I mean, there have been a lot of very heartfelt thank yous.

Those are nice.

Seeing teachers with what they need for a strong start.

That is priceless.

When I went there last week, everything was everywhere.


There were posters and boxes and supplies strewn across the desks.

It reminded me of me.

Yesterday, when I went back, it was different.

Maybe better.

Posters I recognized covered the walls.

My classroom library was strategically shared across three classrooms.

I could see plastic bins and buckets of supplies organized in corners.

Those came from me too.

It hurts my heart in the best kind of way.

I don't get to have students of my own this year.

And that's ok, I am doing good work.

I am learning and enjoying the challenge.

And best of all, I get to see a little part of me in several different classrooms.

Tangible proof that some small legacy stays alive in classrooms is a good thing.

Mostly because it just is

It is good for kids and good for teachers.

It's good for me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Does this good thing remind you of a story of your own? Have a question or comment? Please leave a comment!